Monday, March 16, 2009

new moon chapters 8-14

Book: New Moon
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Chapter(s): 8-14

Page 201...Bella says…“I was like a lost moon – my planet destroyed in some cataclysmic, disaster-movie scenario of desolation – that continued, nevertheless, to circle in a tight little orbit around that empty space left behind, ignoring the laws of gravity.” I liked this description of how Bella felt…probably because I have felt like that before. Somehow when you can physically picture your pain…it makes it even worse.

Pages 216-217...Bella compares herself to an uninhabitable vacant house and no amount of investment on Jacob’s part could put her back in working order. Jacob deserved better but out of pure selfishness she would not send him away…she needed him. Bella admits to herself that staying close to Jacob will probably end up hurting him yet she does it anyway. Classic rebound. Breakups 101…the fastest way to get over your last relationship is to start a new one. Bella does struggle with the right and wrong of it but Jacob isn't oblivious to what is going on either...so I don't know...I guess I have mixed feelings about rebounds.

Page 219...Bella says…“One thing I truly knew…was how love gave someone the power to break you.” It is so true…stupid love.

Page 294…When Bella finds out that Jacob is a wolf she questions…“Did this mean every impossible fairy tale was grounded somewhere in absolute truth? Was there anything sane or normal at all, or was everything just magic and ghost stories?” God I wish! She goes on to say…“Wasn’t one myth enough for anyone, enough for a lifetime?” Umm yeah…one myth please!

Page 306…Jacob calls Bella a hypocrite for not being afraid of Edward but being afraid of him and says…“Well, I’m so sorry that I can’t be the right kind of monster for you, Bella. I guess I’m just not as great as a bloodsucker, am I?” BURN! Oh yeah he went there!

Page 340…Bella reminds herself…“Love is irrational. The more you loved someone, the less sense anything made.” Again…........stupid love.

No comments:

Post a Comment