Monday, March 2, 2009

and it's coming closer...

Music: Kings of Leon
CD: Only by the Night




I saw Kings of Leon open for U2 on their Vertigo Tour back in 2005/2006 and my interest peaked straightaway. They had a sound I hadn’t really heard before. I rushed out to get their Aha Shake Heartbreak CD which I have enjoyed since…but I have to admit not as much as their newest release: Only by the Night. Every track on this CD is absolutely brilliant! My immediate obsession….
Closer.

For those who like to sing along…


Closer lyrics

Stranded in this spooky town,
Stop lights are swaying and the phone lines are down
The floor is crackling cold,
She took my heart, I think she took my soul
With the moon I run,
Far from the carnage of the firey sun

Driven by the strangle of veins
Showing no mercy I'll do it again
Open up your eyes
You keep on crying, baby I'll bleed you dry
The skies they blink at me
I see a storm bubbling up from the sea

And it's coming closer [2x]

You shimi shook my bones,
Leaving me stranded all in love on my own
Do you think of me?
Where am I now, baby where do I sleep?
It feels so good but I am old 2000 years of chasing takin' it's toll

And it's coming closer [4x]


Kings of Leon…you had me at Taper Jean Girl!

1 comment:

  1. more blog posts, janet! i'm desperate to hear more of your opinons on twilight!

    ReplyDelete