Wednesday, April 22, 2009

hebrew national league

One of my favorite seasons is Baseball Season…and it is here! There is nothing I enjoy more than a cloudless sky, great seats, the smell of grilled onions in the air, and drinking some cold beer in the middle of the day! That was my reality last Friday at the Cubs vs. Cardinals game at Wrigley Field.



Chances are if you ever had a conversation with me and the topic of
baseball came up it immediately defaulted to Wrigley Field’s kosher hot dogs. I have been to many different ballparks and I have yet to find better hot dogs than at Wrigley Field. Now let me clarify...I am not talking about the hot dogs you get at the concession stands but the ones that are cooked alongside fresh onions on an open grill right in front of you at what I call the red stands. They are grilled to perfection then nestled in-between a poppy seed bun and for the piece de rĂ©sistance topped with Guldens Spicy Brown Mustard. I guarantee it will be the best five dollars you ever spend.

You can’t say you have been to Chicago until you eat one of these dogs. I feel I must also mention the stand called Big Dawgs I discovered last year that has the best cheese fries ever! A boat of deliciousness will cost you $5.75...but it is totally worth it!

Club box seat: $65.00
Cold beer: $6.50
Kosher hot dog & cheese fries $10.75
Enjoying America’s favorite pastime: priceless

1 comment:

  1. haha! awesome! i'm glad you had such a great time! coincidentally, simon was at the same game. one of my girlfriends from boston, laura, was in town and the two of us watched the game from a bar on clark street- it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete