Wednesday, May 13, 2009

bouncy bouncy...oh such a good time!

I don’t know how they come up with this stuff but the British have done again! Case in point…my new favorite TV show…The Mighty Boosh. I came across it one late night on the Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim Channel and have been hooked every since! Even after extensive internet research and multiple visits to Wikipedia I still have no idea what “Mighty Boosh” means or what exactly to even make of this show but I love it!

It was created by and stars Julian Barratt and Noel Fielding who portray the characters of Howard Moon and Vince Noir. I don’t even know how to describe it but I liken it to what I imagine a drug trip would be like. There is a talking
gorilla named Bollo and some crazy pink head with tentacles named Tony Harrison and The Moon (this is genius by the way) is a recurring character that will interrupt an episode with some little irrelevant...yet comical...anecdote.

The one thing I do know...it is ridiculously funny! The Mighty Boosh is a pretty big deal…in-between live stage shows and TV there has been radio programs, books and CD’s…which I am all trying to get my hands on. For weeks now I have been singing this little tune…or what the Boosh call…a crimp…from my favorite season 3 episode entitled Party…enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment